Pagină în construcție!
- "Avram Iancu" Museum
- "The Cellar of Horea” Museum
- The Statue of Avram Iancu
- The steam train "Mocănița"
- Valea Bistrii Monastery
- The Church from the Hill
- The Church from the Valley
- ”Izvorul Tămăduirii” Church
- The Monument of Heroes
- The bust of Avram Iancu
- Mihoiesti Church
- Campeni and its tribunes
The museum is in the same house where Avram Iancu had his headquarters during the Revolution of 1848. On May 30, 1989, an anniversary year, as a celebration of 150 years since the heroic battles from the Apuseni Mountains, a beautiful museum was opened. The museum is open Monday to Friday between 07.30-15.30 and is housed in the building where the Prefect of "Legion Auraria Gemina", Avram Iancu, had his headquarters during the revolution at 1848-1849. The first chamber of the museum presents the ancient and ancestral history of these lands, an integral part of the history of our country with the help of historical pieces and old materials (photocopies, sketches). In the second chamber the fundamental idea is the formation of the Romanian feudal States which represented a moment of major importance in the struggle for affirming and preservation of the Romanian nation's identity. An important part in the exhibition is the " Mihai Viteazul Moment " and the accomplishing of the first union of the three Romanian countries (room III). Further browsing the pages of history, we arrive at the 18th century that concludes the medieval period – the Hazburgic conquest of the Principality of Transylvania, followed by the tightening of the foreign domination which led to a great rise to battle of the Romanians from the Apuseni mountains – uprising which was led by Horea, Cloşca and Crişan (1784).The fourth chamber can be considered the central space of the Museum of Campeni because of its location and its theme. Here we find pieces, images, documents, explanatory texts on the revolutionary events in the Apuseni Mountains of 1848-1849 and the most striking personality of these events- Avram Iancu. Here we find texts containing references to the Revolution, the Last will of Avram Iancu, the jubilee of 1924 when he celebrated 100 years since the birth of the main hero and also it can be seen the model of the statue "the Mountain of the mountains" made by C-tin D. Barbat. In this room are exposed tools used at processing the animal and vegetable fibres, household items, the model of the cannon made of cherry wood and an ethnographic corner with traditional objects. Campeni is at the rank of "Historical museum and the Pantheon of the Romanian people" by its merit and sacrifice, said historian Vasile Nitea. From here it began the uprising from Cîmpeni, which was the prelude of the Great Horiade from 1784. Here is the cellar where the bloody incidents occurred at 1782. This cellar, which has lasted over the ages, recalls the sufferings and injustences that the ,,motii,, have experienced. Inside the cellar is the "GATE" – from that period, a museum object nowadays, 8 showcases in which historical objects and documents related to the uprising are exhibited. In the background dominates a beautiful and impressive mural on stone depicting HOREA, CLOŞCA and CRIŞAN. This cellar, since autumn 1996, has been named "the Museum of HOREA", a museum where new generations of young people learn the bloody history of the ”moti”.
It recalls the events that led to the outbreak of the uprising of Horea, Cloşca and Crişan (Spring Fair from Câmpeni – 24 May 1782). This cellar, which has been in the old days, reminds of the afflictions and injustices that ”motii” had. Inside is the "GATE" at that time, seven showcases in which historical documents related to the uprising and objects are exposed. In the background dominates a beautiful and impressive mural painting depicting Horea, Cloşca and Crişan.
The idea of honoring the memory of Avram Iancu by raising a monument became possible only after 1 December 1918 and the history of this statue is as "troubled" as the ”Wise Man of the Apuseni Mountains" history . The equestrian statue was first raised in Târgu Mureş, entrusted to the Initiative committee, ruled by mayor Emil Dandea, and it was entrusted to be sculpted by I.D. Dimitriu Bârlad. It was completed in the beginning of 1927 and it was inaugurated in front of a large crowd gathered from all over the country on 10 May 1930. In September 1940, the prefect of Turda County, Emil Crişan and dr. Motora from Cîmpeni took the necessary steps to obtain the statue from Târgu Mureş Town Hall, the statue which was then brought to Cîmpeni, in the autumn of the same year and it was placed on a Stone socket prepared in advance. In no other place than „Tara Motilor”, the memory of Avram Iancu, Horea, Cloşca and Crişan is more vivid, stronger our country of stone and struggle.
The railway line on the Arieşului Valley was built in the early 1900’s. The steam train circulates between Turda and Abrud. He had 21 stations and a speed not exceeding 40 km per hour. For 75 years it has been used both for passenger and cargo transport, such as wood exploited in Apuseni. But it was closed in the late 90’s, on the grounds that it was not longer profitable. Since then, the railroad has been left in line and, on many sections, the railroad tracks have been stolen and sold to scrap metal. The narrow railway of the Abrud – Vidolm in Alba County has been included in the list of historical monuments in Romania since 2006. The entire route of steam train, nearly 100 kilometres, was declared a historical monument. On the Abrud-Câmpeni segment, which was in good physical condition, the movement of trains was resumed, for touristic purposes, by an Austrian investor. Georg Hocevar is in Romania for 15 years and he runs the Association for the Preservation of narrow railways in Romania. Two wagons drawn by a small steam locomotive circulate from time to time on a route of the least 10 kilometres, between Câmpeni and Abrud.
Valea Bistrii Monastery dedicated to the " Saints Ierarhi Ilie Iorest and Sava Brancovici". In the Apuseni mountains, in Valea Bistrii, in the town of Câmpeni, it is found the Valea Bistrii Monastery with the feast day "Saints Ierarhi Ilie Iorest and Sava Brancovici", Saints celebrated on April 24th. It belongs to the Câmpeni Deanery, the Orthodox Archdiocese of Alba Iulia. This holy place is less known to most believers from us and other parts of the country because of the fact that it was recently built, but also because it is located in a less visible place, having a difficult access for cars when the weather conditions are unfavourable. Initially, the monastery worked as a sketch for nuns, but on September 28 2012, by approving the Metropolitan Synod of the Metropolitan of Transylvania, the hermitage was rised at the rank of the monastery by the high-ranking Father Irineu Pop, the Orthodox Archbishop of Alba Iulia. The history of the sketch begins not long ago, in 1998, when the Gheorghe Pande and Aurelia family donated a small area of land from their own property to build a hermitage on it. Its cornerstone was placed in 1999, when the High priest Andrei Andreicuţ, Archbishop of Alba Iulia, sanctified the place for the church's erection and instituted as a day of feast the day of April 24th. Since 2001, the monastic settlement of the Valea Bistrii begins to be a sketch of nuns and the following year began the construction of the church and the body of the cells, works that continue today. Since october 12, 2013, the monastic Taisia Savu was called the abbot of the monastery and nowadays the monastery is composed of 5 nuns serving under the rule of their confessor father, Protosinghel Mihail Vasilache. In the following years it was built a fence around the convent, the place changing its appearance a great deal. The enclosed settlement with the fence, the house and especially the church built of wood and covered with shingles lays beautifully in a landscape that only in the Apuseni mountains you can find. To arrive at this monastery on the unseen side of Câmpeni from the Bistrii Hill – which is eastbound to this town – on the road named DN 75, from Câmpeni to Bistra, one must turn left on DC 141 and after about 200 meters there is a panel indicating access to the convent on the bridge over the Bistrii Valley.The road climbs a maximum slope of 24% on a portion of about 800 meters, the drivers being advised several times by traffic signs do not change the gear and do not cut the curves. When it is not wet, snow and ice, you can climb with any type of car, the road being permanently maintained by the people from the monastery. But when the visitor comes up at the gate of the convent, it seems as if he is stepping into another world, with a lot of serenity, closer to God, that can be compared to heaven drawn in the children's storybooks. Inside the monastery, the visitors and the godly people can discover the still unfinished church built of wood and covered with shingles, the carefully tended garden where the people from the monastery grow different kinds of vegetables. The Protosinghel Mihail Vasilache stated that in order to achieve this terraced garden, it was necessary to bring soil from nearby to be leveled and, even if the garden is in a shady area, facing north-east, the plants have adapted quite well and give rich crops if they're taken care of. The 24th of April of every year is a special day, as the Saints Ierarhi Ilie Iorest and Sava Brancovici, Metropolitan of Transylvania are celebrated. They shephered the Church of Christ in one of the hardest periods in the history of Transylvania: the 17th century, when in Ardeal, the foreign Austro-Hungarian dominion attempted to destroy the ancient Orthodox faith and impose Calvinism. The great zeal of the bishops Iorest and Sava for defending the righteous faith attracted the hatred of the calvinous chiefs who, not being able to draw them on their side, forged false accusations against Orthodox bishops and threw them into the dungeon. Tormented, beaten and ridiculed in the face of their people, the two mythropolits of Transylvania moved to the Lord in peace, for "the good fight was fought." Due to their pure sacrifice, our Lord Jesus Christ has honored them with the crown of holiness, as the troparion of the Saints say: "Confessors of the Orthodox church and good archdeacons of the Church of Christ, the Lord's rightors, most blessed hierarchs, bearers of victory, Iorest and Sava, those who have been honored with the wreath of life, pray to the Lord to save our souls. " Among the last visits made in this monastery by high-religious figures, it is worth-mentioned the visit payed on 3 December 2014, when in the Romanian Orthodox Church is mentioned the Saint George from Cernica and Caldarusani. At that time, from which it passed almost a year, the high priest Archbishop Irineu was in the midst of the monastic people of the Bistrii Valley performing the Divine Liturgy surrounded by a sobor of priests and deacons when he ordained deacon the young theologian Vasile Gherman, blessed the convent of the monastery and uttered a word of doctrine to all those who were present.
The Orthodox Cathedral with the feast day „Sfântul Ierarh Nicolae şi Sfântul Mare Mucenic Gheorghe” or the Hill Church as the locals call it. Here, in Campeni, on the first terrace of Motorastilor Hill which flows slowly, from the peaks of the Gilău Mountains, in the north-south direction towards the Arieş river, bordered by the other heights and also by Caselor Valley and Bratinesei Valley, a Christian place of worship was built to watch with audacity the surroundings and the generations succeeded since the ancient times. It is recalled in a documentary in 1550, but it certainly has a much greater seniority. Here on the same hearth is now the great Orthodox Cathedral, with the feast day„Sfântul Ierarh Nicolae şi Sfântul Mare Mucenic Gheorghe” at no. 15 , Cathedral street. The current construction of stone and brick, preserving the traditional architectural Transylvanian style, was accomplished with the zeal and sustained support of the parishioners during the wise shepherd of the worthy leadership of Ioan Patitia, the first dean of Cimpeni, the father of the illudary scholar, the Patriot-Memordist, Rubin Patitia. In the cemetery located behind the church, the tribunes of Avram Iancu, the priest Iosiv Gomboş – Dean, Nicolae Corches and Mihail Andreica will be resting forever.
The Orthodox Church with the feast day "Sfintii Apostoli Petru si Pavel" or the Church from the Valley, as the locals occasionally call it. It is a landmark of faith and spiritual life for today's inhabitants of the capital of the „Tarii Motilor”: the city of Câmpeni. The construction of the current Orthodox Church from the Valley Câmpeni began in 1906 and it ended on March 1st, 1911. The church was built by the craftsman builder Moldovan Avram from the city of Abrud, in the style of the Transylsian churches in form of a ship. The walls were made of stone and brick in exaggerated thickness, and the roof was made of galvanized sheet. The scaffolding of the iconostasis and the pulpit were constructed by Carpenter's master Loy Gyula from Abrud, in fir wood, and the painting of the iconostasis was executed by the painter Florin C. Domşa, a professor from Blaj, in a pure orthodox style.
After 1990, it was felt the need of building a new church in Câmpeni in the block area. The cornerstone of the church with feast day ”Izvorul Tamaduirii of the Virgin Mary” was sanctified by the IPS Archbishop Andrei on May26 1997. The church in the form of a cross has a length of 26 m, at the apses 14 m and 8.60 to the Naos. The church was raised with the widow's dime, the donations of the faithful people and the support of the students and soldiers at UM Câmpeni. The works began in 1996, when over a thousand cubic metres of soil for foundation and semi-basement were excavated. In 1997 the walls from stone and concrete were raised. In the spring of 1999 was raised the Church of fir-wood . The bells were molded in Baia Mare and donated by the family of the Danciu Nicolae with sons. The doors, furniture, lectern and iconostasis were made of oak wood carved by skilled craftsmen from Humulesti-Neamţ.
The monument is a cross-memorial and is located next to the Orthodox Church in the town of Câmpeni. The cross was raised in 1922 to honor the memory of the heroes sacrificed in the war of independence, being made of oak and marble, protected with a roof from the board. On the façade of the monument is the following: "In memory of the heroes during the uprising at 1907 and those fallen on the battlefield during the War of Independence at 1877".
It is found in the court of the National College "Avram Iancu" Câmpeni.
The Orthodox Church with the day of feast "The Holy King and Queen Constantine and Elena" Mihoiesti. Somewhere on a high hill next to the dam of Mihoiesti rised up to the sky a beautiful church, the Orthodox Church, which attracts the eyes of any passerby from the road upstream the Ariesului Valley. The church was built by effort of the priest Onut Mirisan. Because of the style of construction and special bell of 2 tons, brought from Germany, the Church is unique in the Apuseni Mountains.
Among those brave people inhabitants of Campeni City, which have participated to the Revolution in 1848 - 1849, alongside Avram Iancu there have been tribunes and prefects:
- »Clemente Aiudeanul (1820-1913).
- »Mihai Andreica (1827-1902)